Calculating the Odds on Slot Machines
The result of each spin of the reels is determined by a computer program that generates random results. The casino can easily adjust the slot machines to generate your chosen payout. For example, they can set the machine to 98%. This means that on the 1000 dollars played, the machine will pay an average of 980 dollars. The remaining 20 dollars will go to the casino. However, it is only an average, it is also possible to earn hundreds to thousands of euros just with a few coins.
Myths and slot machines
It is a myth that slot machines are the worst game in the casino! The truth is, making bad bets on Craps or Blackjack can give you much lower odds than any other slot machine. In reality, its possibilities in the machines are similar to those of roulette.
Another myth is that a machine that has just won a grand prize will not give it again for a while. Statistically, the odds are the same for each spin, and each spin is completely random and independent. There is no way to predict what will come out on the next spin, a prize is quite possible after the machine finishes giving one.
Strategies to adopt in slot machines
To begin with, considering that a slot machine has no memory, and is only a game of chance, there are certain elements to consider that can increase your chances of victory. You will find them below:
- It is better to choose a slot machine with a high payout percentage (95 percent seems ideal). The higher this rate, the more it will pay off.
- You must inform yourself about the combinations to be made on the slot machine. This will allow you to have another view on the profit panel, and memorize them. Also, learn to manage the use of your tokens to achieve maximum savings.
- Before starting a game, consider how much you are willing to spend. In slot machines, you don’t win all the time. You should avoid emptying your pockets.
- Determine the playing time that you will spend in front of a slot machine. If after ten rounds, you have not won anything, it is not worth continuing. Try another machine or come back another day.
- If luck smiles on you, insist and keep playing! But keep half of your earnings. It is not worth taking the risk of rerunning a game and losing everything you have painstakingly won.
- Playing a lot does not necessarily mean winning a lot. In other words, bet a maximum as you use your chips. Who knows? you may earn a significant amount of money.
- Try your luck on the machine that suits you best. If you have $ 20 in your pocket, play on a machine where you can enjoy a game for a few pennies. The important thing is to play for longer and have fun. Plus, you’ll increase your chances of winning by 97 percent.
- Check that you have not left anything behind you! If you win, you may forget it, because you will lose your nerves!
- Always read the instructions on the machine screen. Understanding the rules also means increasing your chances of winning.
- Most machines will reward you for playing the maximum number of coins. For example, the jackpot can pay you 2000 coins with two coins played and 4000 with 3 coins. Therefore, it is very important to always play the maximum allowed by the slot machine. Play at the casinos with the highest payout rate, as well as the biggest bonuses.
- If you are playing a progressive machine, remember that you will often need a maximum of coins if you want to qualify for the jackpot. Sometimes the award may be so important that it places you in a position of positive mathematical expectation. Next, you need to look for the slot machines that offer the highest progressive jackpots.
Also read review: Casino Tips and Tricks